Friday, May 23, 2008

Awww...the joys of Summer!

Well, it is now hot and so Summer is basically here. We found ourselves outside today enjoying the heat and humidity. We lucked into a pretty nice bounce house, so Amanda and I blew it up today for the kids. It is a modest bounce house (6x6x6) and really made to only hold one child. We decided that since both of our kids are tiny for their age they could bounce away together. We also let Maddie in with them because all three of them together barely hit the 70 lb weight limit set by the Little Tikes folks. They had a really good time and we were able to get some fun pictures with Amanda's cool camera. (I hope to soon own one myself, hint, hint)

Not much has been going on here...we have been busy. Maddie has mastered walking. She got up one day and decided that she was going to walk. If she fell, she just got up and kept going. We are very proud of her and excited that she can get around and does not need to be carried as much! She is going through a bit of a stage. She is very strong-willed! I know I will win this battle because I was also a strong-willed child! I have a baby book that my mother had jotted down a few things about me. One thing she wrote was "easy-going, except when crossed!" Sounds like Maddie! We really have our hands full with her! Even with this she still remains a sweet, funny and cuddly little girl! She is also quite the mommy...she really loves babies. I think she wants to "adopt" all the ones she sees at the toy store!

Maisy is quite the social butterfly...she chats it up with everyone that will stand still long enough! She loves to ask people what their names are and tell them everything about our family in the short time we are interacting with them. Soon I think every cashier at Target and Walmart will know Maisy! She is big at pretending! She loves to play and pretend that she is shopping or that Maddie is Craig. The other night we were trying to get her to eat her chicken...she said her tummy hurt and she could not eat...I said Maisy your tummy is fine, now eat! she said I know, I was just pretending...

Well here is some pictures from our day...I will try to be better about taking more pictures of the girls...if only I had a really cool camera like Amanda's...












1 comment:

beckyferris said...

may? um, it's august!